The value of investments and any income from them can fall and you may get back less than you invested.
Services for Private client solicitors
Whether your clients are looking to pass on wealth to the next generation, saving for retirement, needing advice at or in retirement or planning for later life care, we can work with you to put a strategy in place tailored to their needs.
Two key areas of support
You have access to two types of adviser who in combination can help your clients achieve their goals:
Our financial planners can help to clearly define your client's financial needs, delivering practical advice and solutions appropriate for the different stages of their work and family life. We can help your clients to:
• Make the most of their allowances
• Create a bespoke estate plan to pass on wealth
• Set up a Family Investment Company
• Achieve their retirement goals through pre-retirement planning and advice at and in retirement
• Plan for long-term care, including advising Attorneys/Deputies on long-term care options
• Manage the financial consequences of divorce.
Your Brewin Dolphin investment manager will construct and manage a portfolio of investments which reflects your client's attitude to risk and long-term needs for both income and capital growth.
• You have direct access to a specialist investment manager who is available to regularly meet with you as required
• Your manager will respond quickly on your client's behalf when market conditions change, adjusting portfolios as appropriate
• The investments within each portfolio will have been recommended by our award-winning in-house research team
• Regular reviews will ensure your client's long-term financial needs continue to be met over time.
Trusted By Solicitors, Valued by Clients
We appreciate that referring your clients to us is a decision based on trust. For 30 years, we have developed specialist expertise through working closely with around 300 law firms and their solicitors. In total, more than 2,500 private clients have been referred to our wealth managers and we continue to safeguard and grow their wealth.
Family investment company service
A Family Investment Company (FIC) could be a consideration for clients with large inheritance tax estates. Whilst we do not draft or implement FICs, we can work closely with you and your clients - and their lawyers and tax advisers - to create a FIC.
A Nationwide Service
We provide an efficient, local and specialised service in or across the legal jurisdictions of England & Wales and Scotland.
Close to you
With 29 offices across Britain and Ireland we combine the best of local understanding with national scale and perspective.