Write your own letter
What do you want your Life Story to be?
We are inviting you to think about your own Life Story, and what you want to achieve in life.
Imagine yourself deep in old age, looking back on your life – what do you want to be able to look back upon?
To help you write your own letter to yourself, we have suggested some starting points to think about:
- What does your family look like? Are you married? Do you have children or grandchildren?
- Where do you live? Do you still live in the UK? What kind of place do you live in? How did you come to live there? Do you own property?
- What do you like doing in your spare time? The same things as when you were younger? Have you learned new skills, taken up new hobbies or interests?
- Where did you travel during your life? Did you see everywhere you wanted to? How important was it to travel the world?
- What do you hope to have achieved in your life by this stage? How do you feel if you have not achieved your aims?
- What did you do for a career? What sort of working life did you have?
- What is your financial situation like? What sources of income do you have? What does financial security look like for you? What financial goals did you have when you were working?
- How important was money to help you achieve the life you have lived? Did you have the money you needed? Did you save as much as you needed to for retirement?
- Thinking back over your life, what are you most proud of? What is your biggest achievement?
- What are the most important decisions you made during your life? Think about your career, your family life and anything else you’ve written about so far
- Finally – is there anything else you want to add to your letter?