Paying tax is an important legal requirement. But by investing tax-efficiently, we can help you to make the most of the available allowances and incentives. These include:
- ISAs, including Junior ISAs
- Pensions, including Self-Invested Personal Pensions (SIPPs)
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT) annual allowance: £11,100 in 2016/17
- Dividend allowance: new for 2016/17, £5,000 of tax-free income
- Personal Savings Allowance: new for 2016/17, up to £1,000 of tax-free interest
- Venture Capital Trusts (VCTs) and Enterprise Investment Schemes (EISs)
A key advantage of having your investments managed on an individual discretionary basis is that your investment manager can be mindful of the implications of selling any investments you hold. Our clear understanding of capital gains tax allows us to help you avoid unnecessary losses in the sale of typically long-held investments.
For individuals and couples, from prevailing income tax thresholds to capital gains allowances, ISA limits and the latest dividend tax rules – we draw on a repertoire of tax-efficient investments and make certain your tax allowances are utilised efficiently and profitably:
Along with pensions, individual savings accounts (ISAs) are the investment products with favourable tax status, which most people are familiar with. For many - encouraged by the exemption from income or capital gains - investing in equity markets via a stocks and shares ISA is their first introduction to investing as opposed to saving and an important part of many people’s portfolio.